January 21, 2013

SS #3: Achievement Unlocked! Hiragana Mastery!

I am very proud of myself! I memorized the whole Hiragana chart in one day! I'm so happy! I am now pretty confident for our exam this Saturday. I am currently looking for some practice items in the net for reading and writing in Hiragana to test myself. すごいすごう!!

How do I practice?

1. Go line by line. You don't need to know them all at once. You have to go slowly but surely.

2. Let's say you decided to go with A-line. Write each character in that line 10-20 times while saying the syllable out loud. Example, for the character A you write A while saying "A". Repeat for all the other characters in the line.

3. Once you're confident with your familiarity on that line, write all the characters in the line at least ten times. If you made it through without pausing more than 3 seconds then you're good to move to the next line. Repeat this step for every line.

4. If you are already familiar with at least two lines, you can now move to the mastery step. The mastery step is where you write the characters starting from the first character you ever written to the most recent character you wrote. Example, you are already familiar with the A-line and the K-line. Write those two lines starting from A to Ko. Do this everytime you learn a new line.

That's how I study! I know it's kind of hard since it's my and your first time in studying Hiragana. But I assure you, just keep going and don't give up! It's alright to make mistakes, it helps us think and learn more. By following those tips, you'll be surprised as I am that you completed the chart already!

Quick tip! You can also visit the sites I mentioned in my first side story to enhance your writing skills. がんばります!


No comments:

Post a Comment