January 9, 2013

Day 1: Greetings and Characters

I was up early for today since it's my first day of class. My parents and sister were very supportive of me and even wished me luck before I left. My father accompanied me to the terminal, as well as our dog. I accidentally rode a different jeepney (I was supposed to ride a Cubao-bound jeepney but instead I rode a LRT-Santolan one) but I managed to get on one with the correct route. Upon arriving at Katipunan, I rode another jeepney, UP Loob Campus and alighted at Palma Hall, to where the class will be held. 

My room assignment is Rm. 428 which is located at the fourth floor and at the very end of the east side of the building. Fifteen minutes before time, we entered the room which amazed me because it is airconditioned. I am seatmates with my classmate, Annie, an accountant who works somewhere in Makati and her friend. It was not long when our sensei came. His name is Mr. Cristopher Dofitas. He is cool since he said he has the same reason why he chose to study Nihongo: to watch anime without subtitles. I learned that he is jolly and quite an anime otaku.

He gave us our modules and discussed today's topics. What I learned on my first day were: 

  1. 1. Basic Greetings in Japanese (which I'm quite familiar with) 
  2. 2. The first five lines of Hiragana writing system (a, k-line, s-line, t-line and n-line) 

We also have an assignment on writing and he even gave us practice sheets to which we will submit next meeting. Little did I know that it was already 11:00 AM. Time really flies when you're having fun eh? Gambatte Pau-chan for the assignments and the meetings to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment