January 26, 2013

Day 3: Numbers and New Writing

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! All screams for today since I forgot to do my Hiragana assignment! Oh hell, oh hell. I even left our house later than usual which resulted to my arrival at UP five minutes before class time! 

What I did was stay at the Sunken Garden and rushed my assignment. I even attempted to do it while on the jeepney to UP but to no avail since it's moving thus my strokes are affected. I rushed to our classroom at exactly 8 AM only to find out that there are only around five people there. So they're late. Also, sensei's late. I forgot that my watch is five minutes advance so I'm still on time. The panic! The stress! LOL. I just reviewed the mastery of the Hiragana characters for our quiz. 

The three hours passed with no quiz. LOL. Well, at least I managed to memorize everything as an expected output. What we tackled today were: 

1. Numbers - how to count from 1 to 999 
2. Time - how to tell time 
3. Katakana - we tried writing our names since Katakana is commonly used for foreign words 

My name in Japanese is pronounced as PORIN (sounds like poring in Ragnarok) and is written as ポーリン. Dofitas-sensei told us that he prefers Hiragana over Katakana since it's a lot easier to use. But he likes Kanji better since it's more convenient; as for Katakana, inconvenient he said. Ha-ha! Well, let's see what will my preferred writing system will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment