November 22, 2011

Badminton Tournament: Win-Lose-Win

It should be first a big thanks to the Father for making me recover from my virus last week. My cough and cold are gone and now I am ready to smash some shuts (my shortened term for shuttlecocks).

From the previous badminton games. Ü

I joined our company's badminton tournament. My previous schedule, which was last week, was cancelled due to my poor health condition. Gladly, the organizers re-scheduled me for this week; today and Wednesday. I almost forgot my game for today because we just returned from Laguna yesterday and thanks to my poor decision on what to wear I remembered that I have to play today. So before going to the office I decided to wear a ready-to-play attire and grabbed B'bee (my Dunlop badminton racket; named B'bee because its color is yellow and black, the same as the Transformers Autobot Bumblebee) then went off. I told my mom that I'll be going home late because of the game. They didn't know it will start by 2000H until 2300H as per schedule of my game which is Game 1, 6 and 12 (the last game). I'll be screwed.

Two hours before the game I called my dad, saying that I'll go home by 2300H. He was furious and that is an expected reaction. He said that he'll be tired and won't be able to pick me up after the game since he will be driving my aunt and cousin to the airport (they'll be returning to Canada). I told him I will try to switch games with the other players for me to leave early. He told me to update and him and once again reminded me to go home early. After the conversation, my boyfriend asked me what my dad said. I told him that he was unhappy about what I said about the game time. He told me to tell my dad that he will just accompany me home for them not to be worried. I told him if he's sure because I'm pretty hesitant since I know he lacks sleep and if he was to accompany me he'll go home late. He said yes, and I know he is.

We arrived at Smashville by i30 (Shisho's car) with Mitc and ate a sundae cone before the game. Our first opponent was Mitc and Sheila. Me and Ate Jamie, my partner, won. As for the mixed doubles game, my partner was Kuya Julius, we unfortunately lost to Kuya Ace and Ate Jamie. The last game was with Ms. Alia and Ms. Jen, and Ate Jamie and I won again. It ended by 2300H as expected and I also expected a disappointing text from my mom. As planned, Ray accompanied me home and told me to just relax and let my parents say their side then after, I'll be the one to explain. I agreed and thank God we both had a safe trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment