February 28, 2012

PageRank 1

Little did I know about search engine optimization (SEO) and Google PageRank until today. I was eager to push my blog to be one of which are searchable and contains relevant content. I asked my colleague, Jay, who has a background on SEO, tips on how I can rank my site. He suggested to install a PageRank detector in my browser's toolbar to check my current rank. When I did, I found out that my blog has a rank of 1. I told Jay that I only had a 1 rank and he was amazed about that. He said that it's already a big deal if I ranked even 1 since it is a tough job.

When I knew about that, I can't believe that The Geek Repository is already on its way to be something relevant. I'm really happy with my blog's achievement, knowing that I only started writing again this January. However, I believe that it's still a long way to go. Cheers still!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Pau! Your blog is somewhat unique. I'll have a blast reading through your posts from the beginning (recently lang ako naging aware sa blog mo). ;)

    -NLS

    ReplyDelete