February 10, 2012

Le Birthday Dad

Today is the day that our Creator gave me my sweet, loving and jolly father. Today is his birthday and I don't know what to give him as a gift. I greeted him first thing in the morning when I woke up, while he was giving his instructions to my sister. He said thanks and headed to school. I gave him a text message, once again greeting him a happy birthday and telling him I love him. For the first time in history, he replied "thanks. love u2". He doesn't reply most of the time to those three words via text, but now he did. Yay for that!

Upon arriving at the office, I still have no idea what to give him. I asked Ray to accompany me at SM Megamall to look for one. We've gone to car shops, bookstores and clothing boutiques but to no avail. At the end of the day, I just decided to give him a cake. That was a usual buy when there's a birthday in our house. Along with Ray and Michelle when we went home from work, I bought a mango cake from Red Ribbon. Lucky that Red Ribbon allows to write some dedication even if it's a roll cake. Yes, I took advantage of that service and wrote a simple happy birthday note.

My mother called to check if I've already boarded a van and told her that I am still on the line. She asked Ray to come with me to our house for a small celebration. Ray gladly accepted the invitation. Upon arriving home, we just celebrated the night away, thanking God for giving me the best father one could ever have.

Papa Pol, Happy Birthday! I love you always. Thank you for being the best father, brother and friend to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment