February 24, 2012

A Not-So-Evil Plan

The other February guy celebrates his birthday tomorrow; and he has no idea what I've been up to.

I was planning a simple, surprise celebration for Ray since last Tuesday. I've been telling to myself, "It's his birthday on Friday, what will I get him?". A lot of ideas came pouring yet I haven't chose one that will make it memorable. Then there I was on 9GAG. I remembered how we had our first conversations revolving around the memes on 9GAG, as well as some trivia and wisdom quotes that were posted there. There was also this time when I recalled that we planned to have a customized shirt having our favorite meme on it. Then I decided to theme this celebration with some memes.

Having memes alone will not make it special I thought, since memes are already mainstream. There was even a proposal using memes in the internet and guys or girls lurking around talking about it. I thought of a pillow with memes, masks with memes, but it's just not that good enough. My friend, Michelle, learned about my plan and decided to help me by contributing some ideas. She told me about a some what meme mosaic with messages in it. I found that really cool so I tried to realize the idea. She gave her and Kuya Bot's (another friend of ours) message so that I can start it up. But it was a hassle since I am really not a pro in Photoshop. She asked my progress by Wednesday but to no avail. Right then and there, I thought of a simpler way to have those two essential elements: memes and messages.

Today, I asked Ray's batchmates to give me their messages, with their preferred meme. Some just gave the ordinary memes and the others generated their own. By the end of the day, I finally collected their messages and memes. They had theirs, but I don't have mine yet. My favorite meme is Troll Face and I want that to reflect my message for him. I guess I'll do it later.When I was about to go home, I recalled everything that had happened within the day. Are the messages enough? What am I going to do with it?

Tomorrow, there'll be a surprise party. There will be a cake, it will be from Conti's but I don't know yet if it's blueberry cheesecake (he loves cheesecake so much and even settles for an ice cream with cheesecake flavor) or the bestseller Mango Bravo (I remembered when I showed him an image of this when we're still chatmates). There will be memes with messages on the back and I'll place them on a stick then poke them in the cake which will make the cake more appealing. What else?

Oh yeah, I don't have a gift. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment