April 18, 2013

I am an Acrophobic.

I would like to thank Enchanted Kingdom, specifically its attraction, the Space Shuttle, for bringing out the fear in me. My warmest gratitude.

Everything that is high, I now curse to death. Prior to that, I envisioned myself taking pictures from a bird's eye view, capturing everything that my eyes can see. But with that one ride, those dreams fell apart. Enough with the melodrama. I made this dream possible alright, I already saw all of Laguna that day. But what I didn't expect was also seeing the people who rode the roller coaster below me. At my goddamn feet. I didn't enjoy the sight as I shut my eyes. Give credits to the machine who ripped my soul from me with immense speed.

When I opened my eyes, there was no more Laguna. There was light and a mixture of color blue and white in fluffy figures. Oh hello sky, and now we meet. Will I see St. Peter and God later? I shut my eyes once again as the machine pulled me from the heavens. I saw the smiles of my family and my friends. I felt there love and compassion for me. This is the end of the world. I won't see them anymore. I can no longer feel my hands, my feet. My body had become numb. Tears fell from my eyes as I recall my sins and the time I wasted to make things right.

As my thoughts multiplied, I felt the cold metal under my fingers once again. I can feel the tightness of the seatbelt. I can hear the fainting sound of the roller coaster's machine. Then it stopped. I didn't force myself to think anymore. Fear materialized in me; both for my recollection and the experience. I was trembling as I force myself to climb down the ride. But thank God, I'm alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment