January 11, 2012

Sing For Stress

It was a hassle going to work today. There were no means of transportation in our place. Despite that, I'm still lucky that my dad brought the FX to school today. I didn't ride the van to Ortigas since there was a long line at the terminal. Instead, I tried to change my route. I was dropped off at Ligaya and rode a jeepney to Rosario. The way to Rosario has traffic as expected. When I was already at my destination, I tried to ride a jeepney to Crossing but only succeeded when I walked up to the church in Rosario. I was able to board a jeepney but made me feel uncomfortable. Too bad I wasn't able to watch How I Met Your Mother. Sighs.

The hours in the office seemed long since I need to program a lot of stuff. I haven't started a task from our sprint plan yesterday due to the other tasks I had for a different track. But fortunately, I managed to get hold of the new feature's backend. Thanks to music, I was in the right mood while doing work. It led to me inviting Ray to sing at a karaoke box in Timezone. He agreed and I am really happy that he is into it. Then there was an e-mail from our HR Manager that said he wanted to talk to me. What is it about? What did I do? Those were the questions that bugged me until the end of the day. This feeling of nervousness will continue since the manager had a long meeting and rescheduled me for tomorrow. I still have less than 20 hours to panic. Instead of thinking about what the meeting will be all about, Ray and I just sang our hearts out at the karaoke after work. It made me feel at ease and calm.

It is really a remarkable feeling when after a long day of stress at work, there is still someone who makes you feel comfortable and secure. So it was then, good vibes. Thank you Lord for this wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment